Thursday, May 24, 2012

rewind five years...

five years. 

how could they have possibly gone by SO quickly?  people always told me, "it goes by in a blink of an eye..."  or  "it feels like just yesterday..." and so on.  but oh how very true it is.

tomorrow my oldest baby boy will turn five.  the precious baby boy who was brought into this world by two scared & clueless 21 year old kids.  the same baby boy who turned us into real,
live grown ups for the first time.  teaching us  responsibility, patience, and most importantly, absolute unconditional LOVE.



it truly does feel like yesterday (as cliche as it sounds) that we saw his sweet, little face for the very first time. that i held his tiny, wrinkly fingers in mine.  that i felt the beat of his little heart on my bare chest, as i soaked in the first true moments of motherhood.  for as long as i live, i will never forget those moments.



and now he turns five.  he is becoming a little man.  he no longer needs my help with everyday tasks.  he can get himself dressed, brush his teeth, and get himself a snack.  he in preschool, and will be off to kindergarten in the fall (don't get me started on that one...i am going to be a mess!) he's playing soccer and has friends galore.  he has such a compassionate heart, and is quite the little gentleman. 

and although it is amazing to watch him grow into his own little person, i long for the days of infancy when i, his mommy, was his entire world. 

happy birthday jackson.  i love you so very much. 

i can only hope that these next five years don't go by as quickly. 




1 comment:

  1. Good grief this post made me cry! I cannot believe Jackson is 5! We are getting old. Why can't we just press the pause button on our babies??? I miss you all so much and hope all is well! I have so much to talk to you about. I WILL call you next week. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete